Just BioFiber has partnered with BCIT, BSCE to conduct Hygrothermal material testing to collect data for building envelope modelling. The testing and data report were completed in August 2016. The data is now available for use with the WUFI building envelope modeling software application.
The Building Science Centre of Excellence (BSCE) was created within the School of Construction and the Environment in 2005. Our vision is to establish BCIT as a key provider of building science knowledge and master’s degree graduates through our advanced educational programs, leading edge applied research, technology development and knowledge transfer.
- Delivering an advanced educational program in building science to train highly qualified personnel for the construction industry.
- Conducting leading edge applied research and establishing best practices for the industry in building science and building engineering.
- Providing the industry with a third-party proof-of-concept to foster the development and application of innovative technologies.
- Maximizing the translation of research outcomes into tangible benefits in sustainable building design and construction.
- Fostering multidisciplinary collaboration for the advancement of building technologies