Just BioFiber Structural Solutions is committed to continuous improvement. We have developed a series of building construction materials and systems. Our development values are Safety, Sustainability, Function, Longevity, and Healthy living.
The first product is the Just BioFiber Block – interlocking wall system measures:
Length: 21.3″ (542mm) X Width: 10.7″ (272mm) X Height: 8.0″ (203mm)
Blocks may be cut to size using standard power or hand saws (Bandsaw recommended). It is required that all fasteners be stainless steel or ceramic coated, to avoid corrosion.
The Just BioFiber Block building system is very cost effective and quick to construct, lowering labor costs and time to completion.
- Strong vertical load bearing compression strength
- High Insulation value
- Very fire resistant > 2 hour rating, 0 flame 0 smoke spread
- Easy handling with a solid feel, 13 kg (28.7 lbs) per block
- Breathable, Non-Toxic walls that are moisture and air permeable
- air permeability <0.002 L/s/m2
- humidity permeability 23 gm/m2/mm hg
- Regulates temperature and humidity while retaining heat
- Acoustic properties Mean Acoustic Absorption Coefficient 0.10-0.55 NRC (Depending on coatings)
- Acoustic properties STC 32-42 dB (Depending on coatings)
- You can help the planet; captures 130kg CO2/m3 with a Life Cycle Assessment of -108 kg CO2/m3
- Life Cycle Assesment for Embodied Energy of 421 MJ/m2 and Embodied Carbon -17.6 kg/m2
- Low labour costs and rapid construction; Labour is estimated at 32 sqft or 1 m2 / man hour
- Interlocking design can be overlapped and turned 90 degrees for corners and intersecting walls
- Blocks can be cut in the field using hand or power tools; windows, jams and fixtures attach directly using ceramic coated screws
- Longevity, the building will last for over 100 years
- Insect and mold resistant
- Blocks are made using industrial hemp and lime without portland cement
- Internal structural frames are made using advanced composites that are fire resistant without any (Red List) toxic ingredients
Specifications are subject to change as new and improved binders and processes are developed.
We have developed a construction manual with detail drawings to answer your construction questions. Please contact us by email.
Please send us a message for a personal reply if you have more questions.